This is an amalgam of various research article son the net. I cannot fathom how a theory, which by the definition of the very word is unproven came to be accepted as scientific fact. Not only by normal people like you and I , but by the entire scientific community at large! Almost at the doorstep of a new century, we still haven’t resolved the debate. Following are some points to ponder – are you pondering what I am pondering?
Creation vs. Evolution – A Question of Origins
The creation vs. evolution debate is a question of origins. How did we get here? Were we created or did we evolve randomly? Are we the product of purposeful intelligence or are we merely the end result of countless accidents?
Creation vs. Evolution – Reason vs. Religion
The popular media often portrays the creation vs. evolution debate as science vs. religion, with creation being religious and evolution being scientific. The fact is neither model of origins has been established beyond a reasonable doubt (otherwise, the theory of evolution wouldn’t be called the “theory” of evolution). Whether we like to admit it or not, those of us who subscribe to the theory of evolution do so by faith. And while the recognition of design in biology may have theological implications, it is not based upon religion- it’s based upon empirical (practical) observation and logic.
Creation vs. Evolution – Why Does It Matter?
Does it really matter what we believe about where we came from? Absolutely. Our views on morality, justice, purpose, self-worth, humanity, obligation, and destination are all closely tied to our views on human origins. For example, without affirming or denying the veracity of evolution theory, let’s take a moment to consider what the theory of evolution teaches about human origins and what impact this teaching has had upon human behavioral patterns.
Evolution teaches that as species evolve they eventually reach ideal population levels. As species advance, superior species eliminate inferior species — “survival of the fittest.” Weak and inferior members of a species should be eliminated for the preservation of superior bloodlines and for the conservation of essential resources. Thus, we have Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) asking the rhetorical question, “should I not also have the right to eliminate millions of an inferior race that multiplies like vermin?” Hitler, of course, is remembered for murdering more than 6,000,000 individual human beings, all of whom he deemed to be inferior members of the species. Was Hitler wrong? Did he misinterpret and misrepresent the theory he claimed to cherish so much?
And so we see how a worldview can impact human behavior. Here, we see murder, a most disapproved human behavior, not only condoned, but encouraged. Don’t rely on hearsay. Investigate the evidences for yourself.
Creation vs. Evolution – What Are We Looking For?
Without hard evidence, the creation vs. evolution debate wouldn’t amount to much more than a philosophical grudge match. Everyone has their own opinion. The question is what is the basis for that opinion? You see, people can believe whatever they want, but that doesn’t make them right. It’s the hard evidence that separates the proverbial wheat from the chaff. Keep in mind that “evidence” is not the same as “proof”. Evidence is helpful in forming conclusions, while proof concludes the matter altogether. If we had proof, the theory of evolution wouldn’t be called a theory. So what constitutes evidence? What are we looking for?
Creation denotes the existence of a divine Creator who has exercised His creative abilities, creating this world and the life-forms we see. Life is the product of intelligent design. It is a self-evident and universally recognized truth: concept and design require an intelligent designer. So, while recognizing design in biology is not based upon religious premise (but upon empirical observation and logic). Do we find apparent design in biology? Yes. In fact, apparent design pervades the biologic realm. When we apply the general principles of detecting design to living creatures, we find it reasonable to infer the existence of a Creator.
Evolution stresses the naturalistic (random, undirected) descent of all living creatures from a common ancestor who originally evolved from inorganic matter. Life is the product of random chance. British naturalist Charles Darwin (1809-1882) gave the evolutionary worldview scientific credence (belief) by supplying the much needed mechanism – “natural selection”. That was 150 years ago. Today, we know that mechanism to be deficient, even in light of genetic mutation. With the tremendous advances we’ve made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years we’ve been exposed to a whole new dimension in living systems that was previously unknown. Species evolve but do not evolve to form completely new species!
Does God Exist – Things to Consider
- Discoveries in astronomy have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe did, in fact, have a beginning. There was a single moment of creation.
- Advances in molecular biology have revealed vast amounts of information encoded in each and every living cell, and molecular biologists have discovered thousands upon thousands of exquisitely designed machines at the molecular level. Information requires intelligence and design requires a designer.
- Biochemists and mathematicians have calculated the odds against life arising from non-life naturally via unintelligent processes. The odds are astronomical. In fact, scientists aren’t even sure if life could have evolved naturally via unintelligent processes. If life did not arise by chance, how did it arise?
- The universe is ordered by natural laws. Where did these laws come from and what purpose do they serve?
- Philosophers agree that a transcendent Law Giver is the only plausible explanation for an objective moral standard. So, ask yourself if you believe in right and wrong and then ask yourself why. Who gave you your conscience? Why does it exist?
- People of every race, creed, color, and culture, both men and women, young and old, wise and foolish, from the educated to the ignorant, claim to have personally experienced something of the supernatural. So what are we supposed to do with these prodigious accounts of divine healing, prophetic revelation, answered prayer, and other miraculous phenomena? Ignorance and imagination may have played a part to be sure, but is there something more?